Friday, January 18, 2013

Psalm 119:1



NIV: Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the Lord.

Young's Literal Translation: O the happiness of those perfect in the way, They are walking in the law of Jehovah.

I have been listening to Psalm 119 when I have been doing my exercising (thank you, YouVersion.com). As I was listening today, I was thinking of trying to dig into individual verses by using visual means. How could I picture the message of a particular verse?

Verse 1 talks about the joy and happiness of those whose way is blameless. I think of one whose commitment to walking as directed by God is uncompromised. It is as if God's law sets out a path, a map, and the blessed are those to take that path without turning off.

I think of a GPS. It plans out a route from where you are to the designated destination. If you follow the directions (assuming that the GPS has correctly mapped out the path), you arrive at the goal successfully.

Having the right destination entered into the GPS is critical. It is also critical that the GPS have signal contact with the satellites. Finally, it is critical that you actually follow the directions given by the GPS.

What might Psalm 119:1 look like? It might look like someone following GPS directions faithfully with a big smile on their face.


What do you think it might look like?

No comments: