Monday, January 23, 2012

What is in a name?

Depending on who is giving the name, there is a whole bunch in a name indeed!

The first names were given by God himself.  God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” That's some pretty powerful name calling!  God then shared the naming role with Adam, inviting him to name the animals. 

God's delegated authority was given to Adam. And when Adam named the animals, "whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name."

What name does God give you? 

John 15:15

New International Version (NIV)
15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

He calls you "friend".  What a great name! 

From slave, to friend.  But it doesn't even end there.  In Ephesians 5:25-27, he even calls us his bride. What a love! What a God!

No comments: