Saturday, February 2, 2013

Psalm 119:15

I will meditate on your precepts and keep my eyes on your ways.

What does it mean to meditate?  This is not just a casual listening or reading.  I will ponder, tumble your word around in my heart and mind.  I want your word to have the opportunity to touch every part of me.


God, I will examine closely what you say.

I am not a wine connoisseur. I haven't studied the nuances of different grapes, the right temperature, the kind of glass that is used, the color, the swirl, the bouquet, and so on.  A wine connoisseur has a whole vocabulary that is foreign to me.


Because they have invested themselves in the world of wine tasting, they are able to more fully experience and describe the nuances of each variety.

God, may I invest myself in knowing you, savoring your heart, your word, the gentle breeze and the blazing glory of your Spirit!

No comments: